Re: Recommended ISP's

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:36:01 -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

> Brett Carrington wrote:
>
> That is not too difficult.  The [U.S.] military (and others, I'm sure)
> use wide-band recorders for some applications (not sure what, as it is
> not my field of expertise).  Essentially, they record onto 1" or wider
> tape and capture huge parts of the spectrum.  Later, the play the tape
> back and tune specific freqs to get what they want.  However, I'm sure
> the equipment is not cheap.

I suspect that the BBC monitoring folks at Caversham might do something
similar, only with a specific set, or sets, of frequencies.  A quick
search of the bbc web site gave only this, but I'm sure there's a lot more
info on the BBC Monitoring Service if anyone cares to dig for it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/milestones/1980s.html

"Active steerable high frequency receiving array installed at Crowsley
Park near Caversham for the BBC Monitoring Service."

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual