Re: Recommended ISP's

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 04:18:48PM -0500, Brett Carrington wrote:
[snip]
> I'd guess the cable modems are ignoring data not meant for you
> specifically. The actual cable line still carries all data however and
> it's just a simple matter of modulating/demodulating it.

Just how much bandwidth are those cables capable of carrying?

I've always wondered: is every cable channel coming to my house
simultaneously, plus all this broadband traffic?  I seem to recall
hearing the number "155 megabit" sometime.  Are they using most of it?

It seems like when they planned cable television in the 1970's they
sure planned in a whole heck of a lot of capacity.