Re: Would Knoppix enable access to router?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:49:01 +0000
Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:

> After several days' work I'm still unable to connect to the setup web
> page for my router. This may be because I need dhcp but I have had no
> luck with this at all.
>
> Is it likely that Knoppix would allow this to work fairly painlessly?

If it's really only a dhcp problem, most likely it would. On my dhcp
enabled network I've never seen the Knoppix cd fail to successfully get
an ip from the server and be ready for play. (Assuming it's able to
recognize your network card, of course.)

Oh, and my dhcp server is running Debian Woody, but I don't think that
should matter.

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.