Re: confused with initrd.gz VERSES initrd.img

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 12:08:38AM -0800, Dennis Kaplan wrote:
> My mouse does not work with the new kernel for same reason.
> It is a stone age regular serial mouse nothing fancy - I used to run the gpm
> driver and it was working or lets say it is still working with the old kernel
> but it does not with the new one. So I have switched back to the old kernel
> till I figure out what gos on.
> I been reading about modules for the kernel could it be that there is a
> missing or different module in this new kernel?

That would be my first guess. I'm not onto 2.6 yet and I don't know whether
the module names have changed or what the Debian prepackaged kernel has
configured as a module vs. built-in. But with a modular 2.4 kernel you would
need the "serial" module loaded to use a serial mouse (or a serial modem for
that matter). This may provide a clue.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons