Re: mozilla>print freezes

I had the same problem on a home computer....I did a couple of things at
once, so I'm not sure which took care of it, so you might want to try
one at a time. Sorry that I can't be more specific, this is probably
overkill and someone can probably give you a more concise way of fixing
things (I like cups, anyway)

First, try moving ~/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat somewhere else like
pluginreg.old and then restart  mozilla. It will create a new file of
that name, reverting to default values. That might be all you have to
do.

If that doesn't work, then do the following:
I installed xprt-xprint.org
I installed cups and gnome-cups-manager (There's a similar kde manager I
think if you don't use gnome....or you can use the webmin print manager)
I installed foomatic-filters (you'll have to see what foomatic is most
appropriate for what you're using). You might have to reboot to get the
print daemon working, if you've done a --purge on lprng or what ever
other print program you had. Use the print manager to configure your
printer(s).

Hope it helps.