Re: Debian and Knoppix.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:46:08AM -0000, Geoff Bagley wrote:
> I understand that Knoppix is based on Debian GNU/Linux.
> Will Knoppix allow apt-get,  aptitude, and synaptic to be used ?
>
> Can Knoppix  "import"  packages from a Debian Distro ?
>
> TIA
>
> Geoff.
Hi Geoff,
Mr. Knopper took a debian system and modified it to allow it boot from a
cdrom drive. It uses a combination of test, unstable and custom .deb
packages. You can also install it to your hard drive--a 20 min debian
install. Once installed you can mold it to a 'true' debian distro by
modifing the /etc/apt/sources.list, changeing the kernel, and removeing
the custom deb's. There are document 'out there' for this. But basically
its debian.
-Kev