Re: EXT3 at install..no more?

Joseph Guida MD wrote:

Sometimes I think that "open source" geeks intentionally complicate things to keep the borderline geeks (like me) from experimenting with and learning about O/Ses like Debian. The install menus USED TO ALLOW A CHOICE BETWEEN EXT2 and EXT3...before you loaded up the HD with the O/S. Now, you have to modify the EXT2 after the fact, running the risk of screwing up the partitions...

Eh? If it was removed, how did I manage to format a drive using ext3 during the installation of a server last weekend???

some pimple faced hacker probably did this as a form of geek-like "ethnic cleansing"...well it worked...

No....that was the failure to _RTFO_ (Read The Fine Options) during the installation. It was there as an option last weekend (in Debian Woody 3.0r2), so I'm _SURE_ it's still there now. Did you install with kernel version 2.4.x ?

If not, therein lies the problem...