Re: Optimizing/Tuning X

Hello

David Baron (<d_baron@012.net.il>) wrote:

> Graphical games and other such programs that would run nicely with my
> CPU under Windows simply cripple X-Windows. The GL-117 flying game
> complains about resources but response is so bad it is impossible to
> adjust its parameters as hinted. Other such games have no fine-tuning
> adjustments.
>
> It gets so bad the mouse responses occur every several seconds. Things
> might be drawn quite nicely but the refresh rate (should I get that
> far) would surely be impractically slow.

Sounds like you try to use programs that use OpenGL, but don't have
hardware 3D acceleration set up properly, which means that your CPU has
to do all of the work. What type of card do you use? If you use an
nvidia card, you need to get the closed-source driver from nvidia.com.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen