Questions about locales

Hi,

I want to ask something about locales. Since my nationality is Chinese (from Hong Kong), I use the locale zh_TW.Big5. When I upgraded the gcc and g++ with "apt-get", during the setting up, the following messages is shown:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
            LANGUAGE = (unset),
            LC_ALL = (unset),
            LC_CTYPE = "zh_TW.Big5"
            LANG = "zh_TW.Big5"
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C")

When I run xcin, which is used to input Chinese Character and using locale zh_TW.Big5. the console report that "C locale "zh_TW.Big5" is not supported by your system".

I want to ask if the gcc and g++ is too new, so that it has some problem with the locale.

Regards,
James Ng