Re: Moz firebird * php

Monique Y. Herman(spam@bounceswoosh.org) is reported to have said:
> On 2004-01-14, Wayne Topa penned:
> > Does anyone that runs mozilla-firebird have any problem running php
> > web pages? (index.php)  I haven't done any php stuff in months and
> > when I tried to do some web dev work today I can't get firebird to
> > load the pages. I can run phpmyadmin with no problem.
> >
> > I have googled for any questions on this but don't find any.  Firebird
> > says it doesn't know what to do with the file and I can't find any
> > preference to add php as an application.
> >
> > Can firebird do it?
> >
> > mozilla-firebird  0.6.1-7
> >

> It sounds like a server config issue to me, not a firebird issue.  Do
> you have this problem on all sites using php?  Do you have this problem
> on other browsers?

Yes, with firebird and Netscape 7.02.

I should have given more info.  I was running php for a couple of years
but haven't had to use it for 6-8 months. I 'thought' I knew how to
configure it.  But...

The apache error log shows
 [notice] Apache/1.3.29 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/4.3.3 mod_perl/1.29 configured -- resuming normal operations
 [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache/suexec)
 [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
which looks OK to me.

/etc/apache/httpd.conf
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.htm index.shtml index.cgi
</IfModule>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
    AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
    #
    # And for PHP 4.x, use:
    #
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

NOTE: these are the same as in old copies of httpd.conf that did work.

Thought their was a problem in httpd.conf as I can't find any
'LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so'
in it.  Seems that that must have changed as I did find a modules.conf
file, written by apache, that does contain it.  I must have accepted
new config files on a recent upgrade.

This is the error from firebird.
"The file "phpinfo.php" is of type application/x-httpd-php, and
Mozilla Firebird does not know how to handle this file type."

Thats what made me think it was a Mozilla problem.

Here is the file that I get the error on:
phpinfo.php
<?  php
phpinfo();
?>

If I call that from within index.html, it just hangs.

mozilla-firebird  0.6.1-7
php4   4.3.3-4
apache  1.3.29.0.1-3

Sorry I left out the above on the initial post.

Wayne

--
Daddy, what does FORMATTING DRIVE C mean?