Python/bssddb troubles in testing?

I noticed this morning that sb_filter.py was failing because of some
DB-related error. It may have been failing for a while, I'm not sure.
I thought I might have dropped some DBM-related Python package by mistake,
so I attempted to install python-gdbm. That exhibited an error too:

Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main python2.3-gdbm 2.3.3-4 [20.7kB]
Get:2 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main python-gdbm 2.3.3-4 [14.4kB]
Fetched 35.1kB in 2s (12.8kB/s)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/apt-listchanges", line 67, in ?
    seen = anydbm.open(config.save_seen, 'c')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/anydbm.py", line 83, in open
    return mod.open(file, flag, mode)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/dbhash.py", line 16, in open
    return bsddb.hashopen(file, flag, mode)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/bsddb/__init__.py", line 192, in hashopen
    d.open(file, db.DB_HASH, flags, mode)
bsddb._db.DBError: (38, 'Function not implemented -- process-private: unable to initialize environment lock: Function not implemented')

Hmm. My attempts to search bugs.debian.org didn't turn up anything
that looked relevant, but I might have missed something.

Is this a known problem? Anyone have a clue to spare? :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | We make out of the quarrel with others,