Re: X trouble from install

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:36:57 -0600, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

[snip, X not working, been advised to try a newer precompiled kernel]

Just one point...

http://users.aber.ac.uk/jqh1/x/XF86Config-4
This address is incorrect; remove the "/x".

Oops, sorry. Just to make sure people see the latest one, the correct
address is http://users.aber.ac.uk/jqh1/x/xf86config-4 (lower case
thanks to being sent through a windows box)

There is one in the directory above that, but the config file there is
an older one I made for backup. I don't think there's much difference
for the puropse of this message, mind.

I'll try the suggestions with apt-cache when I get back in.
One potential problem is the debain machine isn't atm online.
Will eveything I need be on the CDs? I can borrow all seven if I need to.

--
Jim Higson