Re: More 2.6.0 woes

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 11:41:58AM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Last night I've reported a bug about the evbug issue to
> kernel-image-2.6.0-1-686-smp[1] but it still hasn't appeared in the
BTS.
> You might want to keep an eye on
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=kernel-image-2.6.0-1-68
6-smp
> and possibly subscribe to the report when it arrives.

i've seen the same thing with my own configured kernel packages
built with make-kpkg.  i think i notice the evbug logs starting
about the time hotplug loaded up -- like something it loaded
pulled them in.

older modutils used to allow you to disable modules with
something like:
alias evbug off

while that functionality doesn't seem to exist with
module-init-tools, the above alias causes modprobe to try to
load the non-existant 'off' module instead of evbug, so that has
alleviated the pain for me.  i did the same for the evdev
module as well.
--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |