Re: More 2.6.0 woes

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 09:41:43AM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> > rmmod evbug  stops that; to make it permanent, I removed evbug from the
> > /lib/modules/<version>/modules.inputmap  but I don't know if this is The
> > Right Way.  If it's not The Right Way, I'd like to be updated.
> I tried that, but its not permenant - I think depmod, run during boot
> recreates the modules.inputmap file.

Another option I can see is probably renaming
/lib/modules/<version>/kernel/drivers/input/evbug.ko into something
else.  This should always work :)

Last night I've reported a bug about the evbug issue to
kernel-image-2.6.0-1-686-smp[1] but it still hasn't appeared in the BTS.
You might want to keep an eye on
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=kernel-image-2.6.0-1-686-smp
and possibly subscribe to the report when it arrives.

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] This is what I use, I'm sorry I couldn't come up with better
packages to report to