Re: More 2.6.0 woes

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 12:14:17AM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> I am now getting loads of messages into syslog like below. The previous kernel
> 2.4.22 did report one spurious serial interupt but that was all.  Any idea
> how to stop this flow of messages into syslog (as you can see, several a
> second)
>
> Jan  9 23:38:28 kanger kernel: evbug.c: Event. Dev: isa0060/serio0/input0,
> Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

rmmod evbug  stops that; to make it permanent, I removed evbug from the
/lib/modules/<version>/modules.inputmap  but I don't know if this is The
Right Way.  If it's not The Right Way, I'd like to be updated.

In the meantime, since those log lines you posted could very well have
been your keyboard events, be aware that you might have just exposed a
password you typed :(

Someone could tell me why make-kpkg created kernels load evbug at boot
by default if it's compiled?  That doesn't really seem a good idea to
me.  Not at all.

Ciao,

Enrico