Re: Installing portage on Debian

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 08:13:30PM -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:

My sources don't have a rather outdated package that I want. I've downloaded the source from Tucows but it breaks when it looks for ncurses.h (it can't find it) so it won't compile from source. It's in portage, though, so I figured I could get it and all it's deps that way.

You need ncurses-dev.

<snip>

I thought so too, until I installed ncurses-dev, deleted the source dir and re-unarchived the files and re-ran the program and got the same error.
--
Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
Student at Motlow State Community College