Re: Installing portage on Debian

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 04:35:05PM -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:

I'm trying to install portage on Debian, does anyone have any tips or
tricks past what I've already done (copy and pasted from a conversation
I was having with my helper at the time).

Don't.  Use apt-get instead.

My sources don't have a rather outdated package that I want. I've downloaded the source from Tucows but it breaks when it looks for ncurses.h (it can't find it) so it won't compile from source. It's in portage, though, so I figured I could get it and all it's deps that way.

The program is cvoicecontrol
--
Joseph A. Nagy, Jr.
Student at Motlow State Community College