Re: KVM switch recomendation?

Kirk Strauser wrote:

At 2004-01-06T14:15:29Z, Greg Norris <haphazard@kc.rr.com> writes:

I recently tried a Belkin OmniView SOHO KVM (model no. F1DS104U), which
claims to be Linux compatible, but it turned out to be rather flaky[1].

That's exactly the model I'm using.  The only problems I have are that it
when I'm using "scrlck scrlck <num>" to switch ports from the keyboard, and
the port I'm currently on is a FreeBSD server's text console, then it
occasionally locks up after the first "scrlck" until I hit one of the
physical port selection button (at which point the problem goes away for
another long while).

I suspect you got a bad unit, or maybe one in need of a firmware upgrade
(you can flash that unit with a special serial cable).  Otherwise, I
absolutely love mine.  Its best feature is that I can pipe 1600x1200 85hz
video through it without *any* signal ghosting, color distortion, or other
visual problems.  Simply put, I can't tell the difference between video
that's been piped through the KVM and that which was sent directly from a
computer to the monitor.

Give it another shot with another unit.  I think you'll like it.
I returned my Belkin 4 port switch after mouse troubles.
The Raritan switchman has no issues with DOS, Debian, WINDOZE 2000 with an ImPS/2 wheelmouse.
Now I want KVM over TCP!