Re: Are there any woody r1->r2 update ISO's?

On Tuesday, 06 January 2004 at 15:49,
Steve McIntyre scribbled in "Re: Are there any woody r1->r2 update ISO's?":
> In article <[🔎] 3FFAD45F.28815.67C762F3@localhost> you write:
> >
> >I thought about jigdo, but I've never used it and figured that I'd
> >end up with another 7 disks (well, 8 if you count the r0->r1 update),
> > and while I may hve to resort to that, I'd really rather just get
> >one update ISO like last time, and wondered if anyone knew of plans
> >to create one.
> >
> >If there aren't any plans as yet, is there anyone that I can forward
> >the idea to to see if there's a possibility?
>
> I created update iso images for woody r2 last month (checking) - the
> 9th of December. They should ave propagated to mirrors by now; where
> are you looking?

Well, I'm _really_ glad to know that they're out there somewhere, I
suppose it's just a matter of hunting them down.  I've been looking
around basically since the release notice dropped in my inbox (DWN),
and looked at a number of the sites listed here
"http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp"; like:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian-cd/i386
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-cd/images/3.0_r2/i386
http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.fi.debian.org/debian-cd/3.0_r2
ftp://debian.blueyonder.co.uk/pub
http://linux.csua.berkeley.edu/debian-cd
http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd
http://ftp.ticklers.org/debian-cd/images/3.0_r2/i386

to name just a few that I have in my history list here at home (many
more at work ;-)

Maybe I was just unlucky.  I do remember checking a few of the US
sites, and they didn't even have r2 yet, and of course, SA is always
a little behind the western world, so while I'd really like to
download from a local mirror, I think one of them (last time I
checked it specifically anyway) still only has r0...

Thanks for the info -- at elast now I know it's out there ;-)

Dameon.

--
Dr. Dameon Wagner,
Post-doctoral Fellow in Zoology,