Re: Are there any woody r1->r2 update ISO's?

On Monday, 05 January 2004 at 14:35, Greg Madden
scribbled in "Re: Are there any woody r1->r2 update ISO's?":
> On Monday 05 January 2004 11:56 am, Dameon Wagner wrote:
> > Howzit,
> >
> > I run a couple of Woody boxes, and when I updated from r0 to r1 I
> > did it using an update ISO that I found at one of the german FTP
> > mirrors.
> >
> > Are there any plans to bring out an update ISO image for going from
> > r1 to r2?  I really don't want to have to download all 7 ISO's
> > again, and unfortunately using APT isn't really an option.

<snip>

> I don't know about plans for an update cd. You could use jigdo do get
> the new parts of r2 using your current cd's as a starting point. With
> jigdo you can loop mount the old iso, jigdo copies files from there,
> then goes as dl the rest.

Sorry about replying late, but I'm new to the list and still working
from digests until I get a feel for the traffic...

I thought about jigdo, but I've never used it and figured that I'd
end up with another 7 disks (well, 8 if you count the r0->r1 update),
and while I may hve to resort to that, I'd really rather just get one
update ISO like last time, and wondered if anyone knew of plans to
create one.

If there aren't any plans as yet, is there anyone that I can forward
the idea to to see if there's a possibility?

I'm really enjoying my debian experience so far, but working from an
african dialup basically makes apt-getting from the web a no-go (not
only in time but also expense).  If I can coerce (erm.. I mean
convince ;-) someone on the debian inside to organise another update
ISO like the last one, it would _really_ make life easier as I could
convince a mate to download it for me from ITS and cut it to CD.
Jigdo would be well over his head, let alone ending up with 7 ISO's
to cut.

Any idea who I can petition to make one?

Cheers.

Dameon.

--
Dr. Dameon Wagner,
Post-Doctoral Fellow -- Zoology Department,
University of Durban-Westville.
South Africa