Re: KVM switch recomendation?

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:15:29 -0600
Greg Norris <haphazard@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good 4-port (or thereabout) KVM switch?  I need
> one which can handle USB keyboard and mouse inputs, and it would be a
> plus (but definitely not required) if it can accommodate both USB and
> PS/2 outputs.

Well, I have a Belkin SOHO 4-port (PS/2) that exhibits X issues. If I'm
using a wheel mouse (IMPS/2) and switch ports, the mouse goes crazy. One
generally knowledgeable person hinted that USB mice might not have such
an issue, but did not have any hard evidence to that effect.

I've heard good Linux reports for the Avocent units also.

--
Todd Pytel

Signature attached
PGP Key ID 77B1C00C