Re: devfs and Linux LVM

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:30:06 -0800, ope wrote:

I am running sarge (testing) and have been using devfs and lvm10 for
nearly 2 years with no problems, either with stock or custom-compiled
kernels. However, I don't mix distros, and your problem may be related to
that, particularly as it once worked and now it doesn't.

I don't know whether moving to lvm2 will fix your problem, as I doubt it's
related to either devfs or lvm10.  Personally, I'm not moving to lvm2
until the package description no longer contains the text: "but has some
unimplemented features (most notably, pvmove and e2fsadm).  It is not yet
recommended for production use."

The only issue I've had with lvm10 is the well known inability to mount
snapshot volumes, to fix which I've taken the VFS patch from an older
kernel and modified it to patch my kernel (2.4.22).

--

Programming without a hex editor is like watchmaking without a hammer.