Re: Woody - lpd terminates after printing one file

Jan Minar wrote:
Not that I knew ``Running Linux'' by heart, but you seem not to have the
lpd set up properly.  Seems like either /etc/init.d/lpd (or what the
name really is) is missing, or the /etc/init.d/rc*.d/ symlinks (or
equivalent) are.  Did you install lpd as a Debian package?  Did it
configure correctly?

Yes, lpd was set up by Debian install both times. I only created the filter and the spool directories, which all seem to work ok. Maybe the init file is missing an option which initializes the spawning behaviour.

I will check the init files that you identified and will certainly try CUPS.

Thanks for your advice.