Re: NIS - 'ypbind' not starting on clients at startup

> nis 3.10-3 fixed the Problem while booting. If you are using
> 3.10.-(1|2) you have to set

> # Are we a NIS client (i.e. start ypbind?)
> NISCLIENT=false

> in /etc/default/nis. This depends on a mistake in the initscript.

My nis version is 3.10-2.

I added 'NISCLIENT=false' on the client. But without success.

With otion 'false' neither bootup or manual '/etc/init.d/nis start' work.
With option 'true' only manual '/etc/init.d/nis start' work.

Do I have to add 'NISCLIENT...' to the server as well?

Yours, Emil