Re: APT::Default-Release doesn't seem to affect upgrades

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 23:39:09 -0800 Ross Boylan wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 01:46:20AM +0000, Carlos Sousa wrote:
> >
> > It also may be the case that the version in unstable is the same as the
> > version in testing, in which case apt-get will get the package from
> > either testing or unstable, since it's the same.
> >
> I'd almost file a wishlist bug about it, but as I recall there was
> quite a stack of more pressing issues for apt.....

To me, that behaviour is a feature. The package is exactly the same
anyway, and if your testing sources are unavailable for some reason you
still get to install the package (as long as some unstable source is
available).

> Thanks, Carlos.

Glad to be of help.

--