Re: Broken Galeon in Sarge

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 05:30:25PM -0700, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
> Galeons.  Galeon refuses to execute, claiming that it can't find a gconf
> schema.  I followed the instructions in the Galeon FAQ, but there are no
> gconfd processes running, nor any lockfiles to delete.  It seems that
> the gconf2 I pulled from testing yesterday broke Galeon.

For a workaround, see bug #216430:
<quote>
  reinstalling schema doesn't work. But
  cd ~/.gconfd
  ln -s /tmp/gconfd-petr/lock .
  solves this problem. This seems like some very strange incompatibility to me.
</quote>

On my machine, this made the stable galeon 1.2.x work again,
and also fixed some gconf problems with metacity and themes.

Regards,
Mirko