Re: [OT] Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications)

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 07:13:33PM +0800, David Palmer. wrote:

Put all politicians on a wage of $500.00/week, and make it a capital
offense to take a political bribe, and you would get the ones that want
to do the job for the right reasons.

Would also encourage just random people to get a job as a politician
because it would be a reasonable income.

Works for me. They'd still have to get elected and do a half-decent job to get re-elected, and it's my opinion that the fewer "professionals" we have in office the better. Of course, I could be totally daft.

--
Kent