Re: [OT] Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 23:01:13 -0800
Tom <tb.31123.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 12:53:29PM +0800, David Palmer. wrote:
>
> > Two parties, sharing power, no difference between the two other than
> > name.
>
> I used to be like that, all mad at everybody.  The internal assumption
>
> that validates it to yourself is "I could do it much better, if
> only..."
>
> Once I had a few experiences I have a lot more sympathies for
> politicians.  They're doing the best they can with an absurd
> situation.
>
> You can't underestimate just how random the combined opinions of
> thousands of people with every viewpoint under the sun are.  I know
> *I* couldn't do any better.

I'm not mad at anyone.
If there is a form of arrogance that displays a lack of experience, it's
analysis at a distance.
Put all politicians on a wage of $500.00/week, and make it a capital
offense to take a political bribe, and you would get the ones that want
to do the job for the right reasons.
Regards,

David.