Re: source.list won't stat (problem gone)

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 05:51:30AM -0500, Haines Brown said
> > From: Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk>

> > I've only ever used it once... just ran it from the command line and
> > it told me what the mouse was. No front end required.
>
> That was what I was hoping. Seems harmless and I'll have to try it
> (once I can get recover access to X server, that is :-(

To get X to autodetect your mouse (and monitor and video card):

$ apt-get install discover mdetect read-edid
$ dpkg -P --force-depends xserver-xfree86 xfree86-common
$ apt-get install xserver-xfree86 xfree86-common

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:    military Capricorn Skipjack RSA Semtex jihad investigation