Re: source.list won't stat (problem gone)

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:23:16AM -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> From: Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>
> > If you re-run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86", you can change this.
>
> Yes, but why do I need to emulate 3-button when I have a middle
> scroll-button on the mouse?

Sounds like you might have told X the wrong mouse type, if that doesn't
work.

> I'm beginning to suspect that the reason I'm not able to copy/paste
> with xterm is that I discovered that gmp was not installed as part of
> the basic debian package. I installed it, and when I next restart the
> X server, I'll see if I can use the clipboard with xterm.

Let me save you a wild goose chase: X doesn't require gpm for any kind
of mouse support. gpm is only for the console. Installing it might make
your life slightly more complicated, because suddenly you have to worry
about repeaters and /dev/gpmdata and weird stuff like that.

Cheers,