Re: source.list won't stat (problem gone)

> On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 03:43:27PM -0500, Haines Brown said
> > I have the following lines in my /etc/apt/sources.list
> >=20
> > deb http://security.debian.org woody/updates main contrib non-free
> > deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
> > deb http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian $(ARCH)/
> >=20
> > When I run Aptitude update, they won't stat.=20
>
> Run "apt-get update".  You'll need to do this after each time you edit
> your sources.list.

My last line above, which is the equivalent of "apt-get update" is
what resulted in the won't stat error in the first place. That is, I
could not update.

However, when I try it now it works. All I did was to uncomment the
earlier URLs. No idea what changed (I don't _think_ I foolishly had a
space at start of the lines).

In any case, I now did a "# aptitude update && aptitude upgrade", and
all went smoothly. Thanks for your patience.

Haines