Cube (was Re: Microsoft good press over Longhorn)

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 07:21:28AM +0800, csj wrote:

> Many of the free games available in main will give you the same
> feeling when compared with commercially developed games like
> Quake and cousins.  All I'm looking for is a first person
> perspective game that doesn't strap you on to a seat (e.g. gltron
> and flightgear).

Cube has a very unique in-game level editing feature, which is
reminiscent of the duke3d builder, but allows for collaborative,
real-time mapping.

> Kind of reminds you of a certain highly stable GNU/Linuxdistro?
> Really, there are tons of DOS or Win 3.1 era games that are
> infinitely more fun than the latest 3D fragfest.  Right now I'm
> trying out the freeware "beneath-a-steel-sky" (I wonder how it
> made it into main).

I do think there are perhaps too many 3d fragfests, but cube is rather
special.

> > If I can find some free time I may package it and have it
> > sponsored.
>
> Waiting...;-)

Don't hold your breath.

--