Re: Microsoft good press over Longhorn

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 07:36:36AM +0800, csj wrote:

> I've stumbled upon the free (BSD-style license) shooter Cube
> <http://wouter.fov120.com/cube/>.  Have any frag freaks here
> tried it?  It seems fast enough for my mediocre video card.  Just
> wondering why there isn't a Debian package for it.

It wasn't originally DFSG compatible... it has been around for a while
but has always been an 'underdog' sort-of game.

The author Aardappel has many interesting works for doom and quake, as
well as an impressive list of programming languages under his belt.

I'm hoping it will be packaged soon, although I don't think much has
been done to it in a while. However I suppose with a larger
audience...

If I can find some free time I may package it and have it sponsored.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/