Re: Microsoft good press over Longhorn

> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 18:09, Paul Johnson wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 11:18:56AM -0600, Ray wrote:
> >
> > if you heard there was a movie/game/tech that had marketing
> > running for 3 years before release, wouldn't that be a sign
> > of major suckage to you too?

Marketing can take many forms in the Age of the Net.  Somebody's
seemingly random blog could actually be a promo for the Next Big
Thing.

> History is repeating itself.  See also: Daikatana.  I would
> have said Duke Nukem Forever, but it *still* hasn't come out
> (originally was slated to compete against Quake II), but at
> the rate it's going, it's more like Duke Nukem Whenever.

I've stumbled upon the free (BSD-style license) shooter Cube
<http://wouter.fov120.com/cube/>.  Have any frag freaks here
tried it?  It seems fast enough for my mediocre video card.  Just
wondering why there isn't a Debian package for it.