Re: [OT] Why does X need so much CPU power?

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:43:49 +0300,
Micha Feigin <michafeigin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
<1063536272.12046.40.camel@2.133nova.math.tau.ac.ilnova>:

> However under 2.4 its already working quite nicely.
> some people do get some trouble at times, but its quite stable. I
> suspend and resume several dozen times without problems, by that time
> I usually switch kernel again so ... I just got dri+mach64 to work
> with so

..huh?   Which mach64, which DRI, which X, which 2.4 kernel and which
Debian?

> I am happy.

..does glxgears get the same framerate back when resizing the app?
(Maximizing, as in clicking the maximizer botton twice?)

> The problem is still with suspend to ram which I don't expect to work
> any time soon, and is not related to swsusp but to acpi.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: