Re: [OT] Why does X need so much CPU power?

Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> said on Thu, 04 Sep 2003 01:33:32 +0300:
> Actually those are all the things that converted me to linux. Windows
> kept failing on me in all those respect every monday and thursday.
> I don't know what I am doing wrong, but the only thing that I had a
> problem setting up was dri, which I later found was quite east using the
> debian packages, and swsusp, which I am still having some problems with.

Ha ha. Yeah, I don't think you'll gry swsusp working anytime soon. If
you have an older laptop, stick with the BIOS's method of suspending
to disk. If newer, ACPI doesn't work properly yet for this.

swsusp has so many problems, it is not funny. And the last few days,
watching the kernel mailing list, there seems there are going to be
more probs in 2.6.

Animals who are not penguins can only wish they were.