Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 11:14:27 +0200, David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> said:

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 04:11:28PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:55:54 +0200, David Fokkema
>> <dfokkema@ileos.nl> said:

>> > Why?
>>
>> Because we chose not to? Because we have objections in principle to
>> people offloading their spam fighting effort to innocent
>> correspondents? Because I have better things to do than to beg and
>> plead for my answers to be heard by people who asked for help in
>> the first place?

> Then send your answer to the list.

	Had it been appropriate to send it to the list, I would have
 done so. I am not going to do things I consider inappropriate in
 order to work around silly challenge response system from my
 correspondent.

>> > If you send mail directly to a person, off-list, in private, why
>> > not respond to his challenge? In any decent MUA, you just have to
>> > hit 'r'.
>>
>> Right. Just like you just have to hit `d' in order to not read
>> spam. Not an effort I am interested in undertaking -- the fact that
>> I bothered to reply is often about as much altruism I am willing to
>> indulge in.

> Getting tens of mails of spam a day and hitting `d' on them requires
> a lot more brain cycles then (almost) blindly responding to a
> challenge.  But that is just my guess, or my opinion.

	And mine differs.

> I'm sorry you have objections to C-R systems. But hey, it's your
> right to have them. Furthermore, I'm sorry to have bothered you to
> the point you found it necessary to reply to me.

	I am not bothered. I merely wanted you to be aware that your
 system has false positives; but it is your decision.

	manoj

--
"Security is mostly a superstition.  It does not exist in
nature... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller