Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 04:11:28PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:55:54 +0200, David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl> said:

> >> And I can guarantee you that I will never respond to "challenges".
>
> > Why?
>
> 	Because we chose not to? Because we have objections in
>  principle to people offloading their spam fighting effort to innocent
>  correspondents? Because I have better things to do than to beg and
>  plead for my answers to be heard by people who asked for help in the
>  first place?

Then send your answer to the list.

> > If you send mail directly to a person, off-list, in private, why not
> > respond to his challenge? In any decent MUA, you just have to hit
> > 'r'.
>
> 	Right. Just like you just have to hit `d' in order to not read
>  spam. Not an effort I am interested in undertaking -- the fact that I
>  bothered to reply is often about as much altruism I am willing to
>  indulge in.

Getting tens of mails of spam a day and hitting `d' on them requires a
lot more brain cycles then (almost) blindly responding to a challenge.
But that is just my guess, or my opinion.

I'm sorry you have objections to C-R systems. But hey, it's your right
to have them. Furthermore, I'm sorry to have bothered you to the point
you found it necessary to reply to me.

David