Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 07:48:36AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Colin Watson writes:
> > Yup. For example, I can guarantee you that the people operating the
> > Debian bug tracking system don't always bother to respond to
> > "challenges".
>
> And I can guarantee you that I will never respond to "challenges".

Why?

If you send mail to a list and you get a challenge, sure, ignore it. If
a user of the mailbox-sentry-program or tmda (tmda.sourceforge.net)
fails to place a mailing list on his personal whitelist he's just being
careless or stupid. (Or, he might be still figuring out his setup and
might be neither.)

If you send mail directly to a person, off-list, in private, why not
respond to his challenge? In any decent MUA, you just have to hit 'r'.

David