Re: Permissions denied when enabling DMA

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 13:50:08 +0200
Wayne Gemmell <wayneg@ananzi.co.za> wrote:

> > > you need to make sure the the ide chipset
> > > swupported by the kernel you're using
> > >
> My output for "lspci -v | more" is
>
> 	00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. Bus Master IDE
> 	(rev 06)
> (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
>         Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. Bus Master IDE
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16
>         I/O ports at fc00 [size=16]
>         Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2

Thats odd, it doesn't seem to include any useful model/version information. Mine gives:

00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586/B/686A/B PIPC Bus Master

The module for VIA 82Cxxx is built into the bf24 kernel, so that works for me. However, it is the only VIA module I am aware of. Is your board very new?

Someone else mentioned DMA was not available in bf24. This is not true. It works for supported chipsets.
--
-johann koenig
now playing: Amazing Transparent Man - The Ocean Is A Fuck Of A Long Way