Re: New To Debian - Couple of Questions

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 02:33:59PM -0700, Joe Giles wrote:
> 1> Is there a facility like Red Hat(up2date) where I can update packages
> on my system? Will apt-get work?

up2date is a mere cheap knockoff of apt-get.  If you thought up2date
was badass, apt-get will blow your mind.

> 2> Is the Kernal hacked and patched like the RedHat kernel?

Not severely, see /usr/share/doc/kernel-image-<kvers> for info.

> 3> Would you rather just download the ISO's or would you rather use the
> jigdo app?

Jigdo is the method reccommended by Debian.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user