Re: Debian Sound issue - Cannot load libvorbisfile file

On  0, Josh Metzler <joshdeb@metzlers.org> wrote:
> I'm running a testing machine with Ralf Nolden's stable backport of KDE 3.1,
> and I ran into the same problem with k3b.  I have libvorbis0 and
> libvorbisfile3 installed.
>
> My solution (which has worked so far, though seems a bit iffy to me) was to
> create a symlink pointing libvorbisfile.so.0 to libvorbisfile.so.3.  Once I
> did this, it complained about libvorbisenc.so.0, so I did the same thing with
> it -> libvorbisenc.so.2.
>
> su root
> cd /usr/lib
> ln -s libvorbisfile.so.3 libvorbisfile.so.0
> ln -s libvorbisenc.so.2 libvorbisenc.so.0
>
> If this is a bad idea, someone please tell me.

Thank you very much for the tips!  After a long search for the files
libvorbisenc.so.2 and libvorbisfile.so.3, I installed them and created the
links that you suggested and the sound system is back to normal and operational.

Thank you once again.
--
Subba Rao
subba9@cablespeed.com