Debian newbie confused over apt and packages

Alright, I just started using Debian after being mainly a Mandrake user.

Installed Woody and I know most of the packages like Apache, etc. need
upgrades.

But packages.debian.org is down.  Can apt-get upgrade use different
servers?  Are they mirrored?

I was looking through the US server http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/, but
I couldn't find any packages, only lists of packages.

Needless to say I'm confused as to what servers I can put in sources.list
at this time.

Is
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
still up?

Could someone provide for me a line like that for updated packages for
sources.list that lists a currently available server (if one is
available)?

(This box will be online as soon as the UPS man brings me my new router.)

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]