Re: Good front end for small postgress dtabases?

Nano Nano(40101.nospam@comcast.net) is reported to have said:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 08:57:51PM -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > Nano Nano(40101.nospam@comcast.net) is reported to have said:
> > > Question to all: I literally specify that you need automake 1.7 and
> > > autoconf 2.50: is that wise?
> >
> > I wondered about.  I am running testing and have automake 1.4-p6-2,
> > which is the latest version for testing/unstable, or so apt-get tells
> > me.  The ./proj fails because its looking for aclocal-1.7.  The latest
> > automake has aclocal-1.4.
> >
> > I won't go out to find an automake thats not a debian packgage, but
> > thats me.
> >

> I'm running SID.  I expect you can edit the AMVER and ACVER in proj
> and/or proj.c to the version numbers you have and it will work.  (proj
> is generated by running "gcc proj.c; ./a.out".)

'apt-get -s -t unstable install automake' says I have the latest version
and I just did an update yesterday.  So SID != unstable??  Thats what
confused me.

Changing amver=1.7 to amver=1.4, in proj, allowed proj to finish
without error.  ./configure fails with
Package atk was not found in the pkg-config search path

No Joy.  :-(

> But when I post 0.2 that has the automake;autoconf step already run, I
> expect you won't have to have the matching automake/autoconf installed;
> you'll just run ./configure.  I'll take a bit of time and make the
> README halfway decent, because I'll need to document schema.xml before
> you can use it at all.
>
> Hang tight, and thanks for your eyes.

Wilco, and thanks.

Wayne
--
Bad or missing mouse driver. Spank the cat [Y/N]?