Re: slow booting after installing new hdd

Akira Kitada wrote:
Hi all.

 a few days ago, I had 82.3GB disk installed on my box
as primary slave. after that, I turned it on and reading messages of kernel,
and found messages that means 'hdb' recognized smoothly.
that's good.
badly, I found some error messages too,
and noticed booting is very slower than before.
the messages is below.

You did not specify what kernel but I had to include a kernel module to get proper DMA working.

Check ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support -> IDE,ATA and ATAPI Block Devices ->

In my case I checked VIA82CXXX. Check out which module pertains to your disk. I am using 2.4.23

Congratulations with the new HDD ;-)

Hugo.