Grouping groups

I'm trying to set up a website on a Debian server in which anyone in one
group (www-data) can modify all files under /var/www, but anyone in another
specified group (management) can only modify /var/www/updates and
/var/www/files.

My idea is to create the management group, which will possess read-write
capabilities on /var/www/files and /var/www/updates. The most intuitive way
to proceed from here would be to specify that www-data "contains" the
management group. Thus, anyone of group www-data is also automatically of
group management, but anyone in group management is not automatically in
www-data. However, I'm not sure if it's possible to specify group
inheritances in /etc/groups. Is it possible? Will I just have to manually
add the certain users to www-data and management? Or is there another way.

I'd like to avoid using ext3 ACLs, by the way.

--
Stephen Touset <stephen@touset.org>
"What do you mean Veritas is screwy? Veritas is the shit."