Re: module serial.o loaded

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 09:53:45AM +0100, Tomas Kral wrote:
> I have included standard serial support as a module and it gets loaded
> even when I do not use modem or any other connection over /dev/ttyS.
> When I unload it (manually or by the cron entry 0-59/5 * * * *
> /sbin/rmmod -a) it gets back again in a few minutes and this happens on
> and on.

I suppose you mean serial.o for i386 when you say ``standard serial
support''?

Maybe dmesg(8) would be of some help to you.  What does lsmod(8) say?
What mouse/other peripheria do you have?  Where does /dev/mouse* point
to?  What does ``ps -eH'' output?  What about other cron jobs, and/or
things spawned by inetd (/etc/inetd.conf)?

> Can anyone please explain why?

It's quite hard to come with an insight given no knowledge of your
system ;-)

--
Jan Minar                    Chvostny Snovy krok. \/\ Whoopy Boo Year.