Re: Booting Caper.

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 09:20:55PM -0800, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> In theory, this sounds great, but it doesn't work out so well for me. When
> I install GRUB to /dev/hda it posts, clears the screen, puts something
> like "GRUB" and just sits there.

Well as I said you need to make sure your have a proper menu.lst file
and make sure you install grub so that it knows which partition contains
/boot/grub/.

> I also still need to boot Windoze occasionally to play games.

Grub can boot windows, with the chainloader command.

> What I'm wondering is why when I do the "boot" command in grub, it
> justs dies and drops me to a command line. I'm going to try and boot
> off a CDRW with ISOLINUX and my kernel and initrd.img.  Wish me luck,
> I'll be back in a few...

If you're running grub from within Redhat you can't run the boot
command. This is because you're already running an operating system.
grub can't just get rid of the running kernel, then load the new kernel
and proceed to start up debian.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>