opinion: compare various imap servers

so, what's the best imap server for woody? :)

my isp has an email system based on openbsd from back in 1995.
it's hopelessly outdated and has virtually no upgrade path.
we're hoping to implement an upgradeable (hence debian) and
dependable (hence debian) and useable (hence the question at
hand) email server.

so we're looking for advice -- as subjective or as objective as
you can make it -- on implementing an imap email server. we've
seen the hype for courier and for cyrus; to proceed
intelligently, we'd like some real-life feedback from folks
who've used them.

we'll probably also be looking to deliver a webmail interface
(squirrelmail? courier? sqwebmail?) as well.

advantages, disadvantages, why, why not...

i've googled for 'imap server comparison' and such; most of the
results show either email posts like this one, or extremely
antiquated comparisons of mail servers from several generations
ago.

pointers welcome. (i'm hoping someone knows of a comparison
similar to karsten's rant on web browsers, but for email
server solutions instead. apparently he hasn't written that one
yet. :)

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux boss 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #18 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
How do you DISABLE A NETWORK SERVICE? There are several ways
network services are made available: for inetd items, modify
/etc/inetd.conf and then "/etc/init.d/inetd restart". For
independently-running daemons, try "/etc/init.d/<daemon> stop"
(or to permanently zap them, "apt-get --purge remove <daemon>").