which email server to choose

so, what's the best imap/webmail solution for a woody server? :)

advantages, disadvantages, why, why not...

there's a bunch of imap servers listed at

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Internet/Servers/Mail/
	- cyrus
	- courier isn't listed -- hmm?

and there are quite a few webmail packages listed at

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Internet/Clients/Mail/Web-Based/
	- wing (web-imap)
	- courier-imap / sqwebmail
	- cyrus
	etc

but we're hoping to get some from-the-gut feedback from folks
who've encountered the good and the bad.

we're hoping for mod_perl (avoiding php) solutions to the
webmail situation... wing seems like a likely candidate, but
there's a dearth of info -- web-imap.sf.net has no screen dumps
and very little marketing-speak...

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux boss 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #57 from Steve Kowalik <stevenk@hasnolife.com>
:
Wondering HOW TO SET YOUR TIME ZONE? Your system clock may be
showing UTC or GMT but you want it to display PDT or whatever.
Just run "tzconfig" as root. (You're sure to have it on your
debian system already -- it's provided in package "libc6".)